GDB macros

Luca Germano lucagermano at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 13 07:15:14 UTC 2006

Hi, thanks for your help.
I'm using the GDB macros version of the rtems wiki. I'm using RTEMS on Leon3
CPU.
I find the problems.
When a macro refers to an RTEMS global variables is necessary to cast the
variables to the primitive type of the variable to be able to access its
fields. Doing the cast the macros work fine. For examples in the
rtems_classic_tasks macros I can't use directly _RTEMS_tasks_Information but
I must do
       set $prova = (Objects_Information)_RTEMS_tasks_Information
       rtems_helper_show_task  $prova $arg0
instead of
      rtems_helper_show_task  _RTEMS_tasks_Information $arg0
In some macro there are some pointer conversion cast for example
      (Thread_Control_struct *)
Also this instraction doesn't work. I must use
      (Thread_Control *)
Now I must correct all the macros.
The ultimate thing to set is the macro rtems_task_backtrack that is HW
dependent. Someone know the field of the structure Register of the RTEMS
context switch to use for Leon3?

Best Regards
Luca Germano