Trying to get Objective C working ... some questions arise

Peer Stritzinger peerst at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 16:47:04 UTC 2006

Hi,

we work with rtems-4.6.99.3 currently and I'm trying to get Objective C
support working.

The problem is that all the __gthread_objc_* functions are missing.

The other gcc thread support functions are defined in gthr-rtems.h to call
the wrapper API functions rtems_gxx_*() from
cpukit/libcsupport/src/gxx_wrappers.c

I nothe that these are not defined in terms of the posix pthreads functions but
instead use the classic API.  This sounds much harder ... is there a reason for
it or is it just historic?

Currently my plan is to add the missing __gthread_objc_* functions to
my application
basing them on gcc-4.1.0/gcc/gthr-posix.h using the posix API.

Any suggestions?

How would be the best way to add support for these in a way that can be
submitted back?

-- Peer Stritzinger