GDB macros

Paul Whitfield paulw at omnitronics.com.au
Wed Sep 13 00:54:54 UTC 2006

Luca Germano wrote:
> I put a breakpoint in the program. After program execution stop on the
> breakpoint I execute the macro.
>
> Luca
>

>> From: leonp at plris.com
>> To: rtems-users at rtems.com
>> Subject: Re: GDB macros
>> Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:41:08 +0300
>>
>> On Tuesday, 12 בSeptember 2006 11:37, Luca Germano wrote:
>> > Thanks for the help.
>> > I try to use the rtems_classic_tasks macro but gdb give me the
>> following
>> > reply
>> >
>> > =====================================================================
>> > Attempt to extract a component of a value that is not a structure.
>> > # | Name |    ID    | Pri |  Ticks   | State
>> > ---+------+----------+-----+----------+------------------------------
>> >
>> > How can I solve this problem?
>> Is the program running? I mean have you stopped it in the middle of the
>> execution and them executed the macro?

Hi Luca,

Which version of the Macros are you using?
Make sure you are using the latest ones from the rtems wiki.

Also I have found in the past you need to use the command line
version of gdb to debug the macros, if you use a GUI/IDE interface
such as insight or emacs it hides error messages from you which
makes it difficult to debug the problem(s).

Regards

Paul

The information in this e-mail is intended for the addressee only.
Unauthorised use, copying, disclosure or distribution by anyone else
is prohibited. Please let us know immediately if you receive this
e-mail in error. Thank you.