Emulating clock ISR

Ingolf Steinbach Ingolf.Steinbach at jena-optronik.de
Wed Apr 4 11:18:22 UTC 2007

Hi,

we have the following problem:

On leon2, the RTEMS clock is based on the Interrupt
for Timer1 which is hard-wired to priority 8. We have
one "own" external interrupt which may not be interrupted
by another ISR.

We can only assign interrupt priorities in the range
4 to 7 (i.e. less than the clock interrupt) to our
own interrupt source.

By analyzing the interrupt mask register, we found
that no interrupts with priority > 8 are enabled, so
the above Clock interrupt is the only problem.

Our proposed solution is to disable timer1 (and the
associated interrupt 8) completely and instead use
another external(!) interrupt source with a priority
less than our important interrupt which is then
asserted with 1MHz.

Is this feasible (from RTEMS's point of view)?
What should be called from the ISR for this new
clock interrupt? Is calling rtems_clock_tick()
sufficient?

Kind regards
Ingolf
- --

Ingolf Steinbach
Software Engineer

Jena-Optronik GmbH
Prüssingstraße 41
07745 Jena
Tel: +49 3641 200-216
Fax: +49 3641 200-220
E-Mail: ingolf.steinbach at jena-optronik.de
http://www.jena-optronik.de

President & CEO: Dietmar Ratzsch I CFO: Dr. Harald Bruhn
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jena  l  Handelsregister: AG Jena HRB 201.869

Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind, oder diese
E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie
die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This message is intended to be confidential and may be privileged. If
you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail from your
system immediately and notify us of the erroneous transmission to you.
Any disclosure, use, copying, or distribution of this E-mail is
prohibited.