RFC eliminating zeroing of heap/workspace

Eric Norum norume at aps.anl.gov
Thu Apr 5 21:16:50 UTC 2007

Nothing in the C standard nor in the RTEMS documentation promises
anything about the contents of dynamically allocated memory (other
than calloc, and that routine clears the memory itself before handing
back the pointer).  I'd say don't bother with the clearing.  A 30x
speedup sounds worthwhile to me.