Semaphores macro error

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed Apr 11 15:47:57 UTC 2007

Leon Pollak wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 April 2007, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>> The macros are not supposed to run anything on target hardware.
>> But grep'ing the gdb source, I see this:
>>
>> ./gdb/valops.c: error (_("No memory available to program: call to malloc
>> failed"));
>>
>> which appears to indicate that the script tried.   It looks like it made
>> it down to
>> rtems_helper_score_threadq and that tried to do something on the target but
>> I don't see anything particularly unusual about what it is doing.  Do you?
>>
> As I was able to understand the script (and I am very weak in this), I do not
> see any calls to target code, only reading memory. But...

No one is good at gdb scripts. :)
> I don't know if this makes any difference, but I use the "pure" powerpc-gdb
> version 6.6, not provided in tool set.

I don't think it makes any difference since we don't patch much of
anything in gdb and
what is patched isn't related to this.

You can try the ugly hack of commenting out lines or printing until you
figure out what
is blowing up.  I have no other idea how to debug these scripts.  That's
how I did it when
I wrote them.

--joel