LPC214x BSP?

dave madden dhm at mersenne.com
Fri Apr 13 04:57:45 UTC 2007

Hi, I have several different ARM7TDMI gadgets (plus an old Lego RCX ==
H8/300) and I've started trying to use RTEMS as an OS/executive for
them.  Unfortunately, I'm not having much luck yet: the docs are a
little out of date, and BSPs seem to come and go.

I'm trying to get a BSP together for an Olimex LPC2148 board.  It
seems like I've got a couple of choices (starting with RTEMS-4.7.0):
work backwards from the GBA BSP, or forwards from ... no_cpu/no_bsp?
Starting from the GBA BSP leaves me looking at groveling through a lot
of cruft (e.g. GBA has IRQ limitations imposed by the platform setup
and limited timer support), but the no_bsp doesn't even compile
properly (I copied no_bsp to ...c/src/lib/libbsp/arm/lpc214x and
changed a couple of names).  The autoconf/automake setup doesn't help;
I never know what changes require bootstrapping, re-configuring, or
just making.

[Yes, I would like a little cheese with my whine. :-)]

Can anybody offer help with a basic ARM7TDMI BSP?  Please?

Thx,
d.