instruction access exception

hwulf at et-inf.fho-emden.de hwulf at et-inf.fho-emden.de
Fri Apr 13 12:19:46 UTC 2007

Hi,

I created a RTEMS program with some semaphores, tasks and message queues.

For debugging reasons, I included many printf() statements like this:

#ifdef DEBUG
printf("createTimer: line: %i: Obtaining Semaphore timer_sem_id\n", __LINE__);
#endif

Now, when I start the program with #define DEBUG, the program stops at
an irregular instruction and the following lines are printed to the
console:

Unexpected trap <0x01> at address 0xd0142300c
instruction access exception

Program exited normally.

When I compile the program without #define DEBUG instead, the program
runs just as expected.

Has anyone an idea what's wrong with the printf() statements?
Am I overflowing the stack or something like that?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
  Hank