rtems_task_delete

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Mon Apr 16 13:39:13 UTC 2007

Hi,

it is always the responsibility of the application to free any resources
associated with a certain task. Deleting a task from the outside
(asynchronously to its internal state) is dangerous. It might make more
sense to ask the task to delete itself (sending it a signal or an
event), then this task can decide when to do the actual deletion and it
can make sure that any resources are returned/cleaned up.

Please note that this is also the case for Unix tasks: it is good
practice for a task to install a signal handler, which captures signals
like "kill". When such a signal arrives, the task can e.g. delete any
temporary files, tore its own state etc.

wkr,
Thomas.