before _Objects_Open

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Apr 5 11:14:44 UTC 2007

吴昊 wrote:
> Hi:
> I am reading source code of rtems-4.0.0.Here i got a problem:
> Before "_Objects_Open()",why _Thread_Disable_dispatch() is called?(e.g.
> in function"rtems_semaphore_create",the comment is " /* prevents
> deletion */"

It prevents any context switches from occurring which effectively prevents
the deletion of the thread doing the create operation.  Between pulling the
semaphore structure off the inactive list and publishing it via
_Objects_Open,
you don't want to get deleted since that would lose the object instance.

--joel