LPC214x BSP?

ray xr at trasin.net
Mon Apr 23 14:59:12 UTC 2007

I forget to mention that the LPC2148 got 32K SRAM and 512k flash, and the flash is capable of XIP. So what is really matter is the .data and .bss section.

I do not have a compiled hello.exe/minimum.exe at hand, but I guess the SRAM usage can be constrained to 32K for minimum.exe. I also do not think we will use all the libc in such a small system, put some char through driver is enough. And there is a mini-newlibc which can be found in  http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/Articles/download.html (so small and lovely). This might helpful if we really need the newlibc.

BTW, another way to reduce the .text size is to use the thumb instruction, it will save about 30% code size for ARM systems.

Thanks & Best Regards!
ray
2007-04-23