automake do not work in rtems4.8-arm-1.exe

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Apr 24 23:14:33 UTC 2007

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Are you building on Windows? If so, make sure not to be using a FATXX
> formated file system (NTFS filesystems are reported to work).

This only relates to Cygwin. It will not make a difference on MinGW as it aims
to support the lowest common denominator on Windows which is still FAT32.

> Both Cygwin and MinGW suffer from deficiencies which prevent
> automake/autoconf generated files to work correctly on FATXX
> filesystems.

Autoconf in CVS has a fix that resolves this issue. We are not using that
version yet. Will this fix get merged in before the next autoconf release ?

Regards
Chris