Does RTEMS support PXA320?

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed Aug 1 16:41:52 UTC 2007

Ray wrote:
> I believe that there are no xscale BSP. You may need to port a new of your own.
> You can refer the online document for help (BSP and porting guide). Xscale is similar to ARM and this may easy the development.

I don't want to sound picky here but ...

it is not just similar to an ARM -- it is an ARM from
a specific vendor and with specific features.  That
makes it a CPU model within the ARM family.

So it is a new BSP and possibly what we call "new in
family" which means you might have some tweaking
to do to code outside the BSP to handle a different
CPU core.

A port is to a new architecture entirely.  Think
mips versus powerpc versus arm.

--joel