rtems_task_variable_ space allocation?

shizheng neversetsun at ustc.edu
Wed Aug 22 05:12:25 UTC 2007

Joel Sherrill wrote:
> shizheng wrote:
>> Hi,
>> The space for rtems per-task variables is allocated from Workspace.
>> But I can't find any reservation in confdefs.h.
>> Is there another place??
>>
> It isn't directly covered.  You would have to use the
> CONFIGURE_MEMORY_OVERHEAD whose comment
> says:
>
> /*
> * Catch all for extra memory in case something broken and underestimates.
> * Historically this was used for message buffers.
> */
>
> If you can put together a patch for a
> CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_PER_TASK_VARIABLES, it would
> be appreciated.
I don't know how to patch this. I studied cdtest in samples which calls
rtems_task_variable_add once
when exception happens.
I have no idea about gcc, so I don't know if there are any other factors
to induce per-task variable.
Any good idea? Maybe someone who has experience with cxx application of
rtems can stand up and say something.
But maybe this is only a minor error.

regards, shizheng