Two UARTS

Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int
Fri Aug 31 14:45:19 UTC 2007

OK, got it.

I called previously to rtems_filesystem_initialize(), and this routine
provoked the error after.
The question I have now is, Can we not to have the IMFS and use also the
console and console_b in that way simultaneously?

Cheers,

        Aitor

rtems-users-bounces+aitor.viana.sanchez=esa.int at rtems.org wrote on
31/08/2007 16:28:57:

> Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com> wrote on 31/08/2007 16:24:38:
>
> > Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int wrote:
> > >
> > > The same behaviour happens also if I change the "/dev/console_b" for
> > > "/dev/console" device in the fopen call.
> > >
> > > There is also something strange: If the "r+" option is set, "no such
> > > device" error is raised but if "w+" is set instead, no error is
raised
> > > but the fprintf call does not printf anything anyway.
> > Break at _open_r() and step through.  fopen() doesn't fail in this
way.

> Yes. My fault...in this mode the fopen call does not fail...is not
> strange at all ;)
>

> > > In the RTEMS configuration file the option
> > >
> > >         #define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CONSOLE_DRIVER
> > >
> > > is set as well.
> > >
> > So the driver is there. Good.
> Yep.
>
> I will try to figure out why I cannot write on console_b
>
> Cheers,
>         Aitor
>

> > > Aitor
> > >

> > > *Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com>*
> > > Sent by: rtems-users-bounces+aitor.viana.sanchez=esa.int at rtems.org
> > >
> > > 31/08/2007 16:13

> > >  Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int
> > > cc
> > >  RTEMS Users <rtems-users at rtems.org>
> > > Subject
> > >  Re: Two UARTS

> > > Looking at the CVS head, there is no obvious reason in the leon2
device
> > > driver that the /dev/console would work if /dev/console_b doesn't.
> > > would recommend stepping into console_open() and seeing what
happens.

> > > I assume you still have the console device driver configured since
they
> > > are in the same driver.
> > >
> > > --joel

RTEMS