RTEMS 4.7.99.2 Available -- PowerPC/virtex feedback

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Fri Aug 10 14:19:47 UTC 2007

Robert S. Grimes wrote:
> gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov wrote:
>
>> You'll have to apply -msoft-float to more than the RTEMS kernel, newlib
>> (being part of the toolchain) needed to be compiled with it as well.
>>

> Does this mean rebuilding gcc?  Or can newlib be built separately?
>
> I assume I'll need to reconfigure gcc, right?  What switch to I add to
> the configure command?

If you are using the RTEMS RPMs or standard configure
command, then you have a lot of multilib variants.

GCC has some differences for 403, 405, and 405fp.
Is the virtex CPU really a 403 like the CPU_CFLAGS indicates?

This is the difference from gcc's viewpoint:

    = {{"401", PROCESSOR_PPC403, POWERPC_BASE_MASK | MASK_SOFT_FLOAT},
         {"403", PROCESSOR_PPC403,
          POWERPC_BASE_MASK | MASK_SOFT_FLOAT | MASK_STRICT_ALIGN},
         {"405", PROCESSOR_PPC405,
          POWERPC_BASE_MASK | MASK_SOFT_FLOAT | MASK_MULHW | MASK_DLMZB},
         {"405fp", PROCESSOR_PPC405,
          POWERPC_BASE_MASK | MASK_MULHW | MASK_DLMZB},
         {"440", PROCESSOR_PPC440,
          POWERPC_BASE_MASK | MASK_SOFT_FLOAT | MASK_MULHW | MASK_DLMZB},
         {"440fp", PROCESSOR_PPC440,

--joel