Two UARTS

Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int
Fri Aug 31 14:01:50 UTC 2007

OK,

I already tried with this code.

       fp = fopen("/dev/console_b", "r+");
        if(fp == NULL)
            std::cout << strerror(errno) << std::endl;

    fprintf(fp, string);
    fflush(fp);

where string is a char* passed as an argument to the routine containing
the fprintf.

The problem is that the fopen routine returns "No such file or directory"
error.

In the RTEMS configuration file this options are specified

#define CONFIGURE_LIBIO_MAXIMUM_FILE_DESCRIPTORS    10
#define CONFIGURE_NUMBER_OF_TERMIOS_PORTS           2
#define CONFIGURE_USE_IMFS_AS_BASE_FILESYSTEM

In principle, as far as I read, should work, but it does not. Has anybody
any clue?

Cheers,
        Aitor

Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int
Sent by: rtems-users-bounces+aitor.viana.sanchez=esa.int at rtems.org
31/08/2007 15:21

Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int
cc
RTEMS Users <rtems-users at rtems.org>
Subject
Re: Two UARTS

could be using the devices /dev/console and /dev/console_b

Cheers

Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int
Sent by: rtems-users-bounces+aitor.viana.sanchez=esa.int at rtems.org

31/08/2007 15:16

RTEMS Users <rtems-users at rtems.org>
cc

Subject
Two UARTS

Hi everyone,

I've got, for sure, and stupid question. I am working with the RTEMS for
LEON architecture. I know that the standard output is connected with the
UART1, but I also have an UART2. I would like, from a user application, to
send some trace information out through the UART2...which the easiest way
to do that?

Cheers,
        Aitor

Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com>
Sent by: rtems-users-bounces+aitor.viana.sanchez=esa.int at rtems.org

30/08/2007 15:39

Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int
cc
RTEMS Users <rtems-users at rtems.org>
Subject
Re: MacOS Tools

Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int wrote:

> I tried to install the sparc-rtems-gcc using macports but did not
> work. I don't know whether all the RTEMS related tools listed in the
> macports SVN work properly or not. Does anybody know the status of
> these tools?
I suspect the port files are horribly out of date.  For sure, they do not
distinguish between 4.6, 4.7, and 4.8.  So that's a bad sign.
Here are the tool versions listed in the arm-rtems-gcc Portfile:

gcc 3.2.3
newlib 1.11.0
gcc-${version}-rtems-20030507a.diff
newlib-${newlibversion}-rtems-20030605.diff

That looks suspiciously like an older 4.6 toolset.

$ /opt/rtems-4.6/bin/arm-rtems-gcc --version
arm-rtems-gcc (GCC) 3.2.3 (OAR Corporation
gcc-3.2.3-20040420/newlib-1.11.0-20030605-4)

So it needs to be updated in various ways.

--joel