Two UARTS

Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int
Fri Aug 31 14:21:11 UTC 2007

The same behaviour happens also if I change the "/dev/console_b" for
"/dev/console" device in the fopen call.

There is also something strange: If the "r+" option is set, "no such
device" error is raised but if "w+" is set instead, no error is raised but
the fprintf call does not printf anything anyway.

In the RTEMS configuration file the option

        #define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CONSOLE_DRIVER

is set as well.

Aitor

Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com>
Sent by: rtems-users-bounces+aitor.viana.sanchez=esa.int at rtems.org
31/08/2007 16:13

Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int
cc
RTEMS Users <rtems-users at rtems.org>
Subject
Re: Two UARTS

Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int wrote:

> OK,
>
> I already tried with this code.
>
>        fp = fopen("/dev/console_b", "r+");
>         if(fp == NULL)
>             std::cout << strerror(errno) << std::endl;

>     fprintf(fp, string);
>     fflush(fp);
>
> where string is a char* passed as an argument to the routine
> containing the fprintf.
>
> The problem is that the fopen routine returns "No such file or
> directory" error.
>
> In the RTEMS configuration file this options are specified
>
> #define CONFIGURE_LIBIO_MAXIMUM_FILE_DESCRIPTORS    10
> #define CONFIGURE_NUMBER_OF_TERMIOS_PORTS           2
> #define CONFIGURE_USE_IMFS_AS_BASE_FILESYSTEM
>

> In principle, as far as I read, should work, but it does not. Has
> anybody any clue?

Looking at the CVS head, there is no obvious reason in the leon2 device
driver that the /dev/console would work if /dev/console_b doesn't.   I
would recommend stepping into console_open() and seeing what happens.

I assume you still have the console device driver configured since they
are in the same driver.

--joel