RTEMS Certification / Qualification for Military / Aerospace applications?

Fabrício de Novaes Kucinskis fabricio at dea.inpe.br
Wed Dec 12 11:50:21 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I know RTEMS is being used in a number of space missions currently in
flight, and I'd like to know if it has been submitted to any certification /
qualification process for critical applications.

I found a post [http://www.rtems.com/ml/rtems-users/2005/may/msg00117.html]
from two years ago with the same question, but there was no satisfactory
answer.

Also, I know there was a RTEMS 4.5.0 analysis that ESA funded
[http://www.rtems.com/ml/rtems-users/2005/may/msg00060.html], but this is
not a formal certification process.

Thanks in advance,

Fabrício de Novaes Kucinskis - DEA / INPE
Onboard Data Handling Group - SUBORD
Aerospace Electronics Division
Brazilian National Institute for Space Research