RFC: Kill the gen405 BSP?

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Fri Dec 14 18:19:24 UTC 2007

Hello,

some years we were supporting (more or less) two different exception
schemes for PowerPC. An hour ago I decided to kill the HEAS403 BSP,
which was based on a PPC403GA/GCX CPU, since the board is no longer
available and I am not aware of anybody who uses this BSP.

The next candidate to kill would be the

gen405

BSP. It is the last one supporting the old exception handling code, and
removing it will simplify the PPC support.

Remeber, that the PPC405 CPU is still activily supported in the "virtex"
BSP, so 405 support will not be gone, when the gen405 is removed.

So, when nobody complaints 'til the end of the year, I will remove the
gen405 in January 2008.

Speak up NOW or stay silent :-)

wkr,
Thomas.

embedded brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler           Obere Lagerstr. 30
D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
Tel. : +49-89-18 90 80 79-2
Fax  : +49-89-18 90 80 79-9
email: Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de