cmake version of RTEMS

Yu Chen chyyuu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 16:18:00 UTC 2007

2007/12/17, Ralf Corsepius <ralf.corsepius at rtems.org>:

> On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 20:59 +0800, Yu Chen wrote:
> > hi,
> > my team think cmake is better than autotools for rtems.
> I could not disagree more.
I am not very familar with cmake and autotools now, so our views
aren't comprehensive.

> > my team did a test which use camke instead of autotools to build rtems.
> Are you able to handle commandline parameters, are you able to handle
> canadian cross compilation?
I will try to master cmake, I hope cmake with some shell scripts can
handl those.
Maybe the next cmake version of rtems will handle different BSP and
compiling options(such as --enable-posix=no ...)

> >  First we reduce retems only for pc386 (about 1MB src codes), then we
> > chang it to be the cmake version. The performance testing results is
> > shown below(in 1GB RAM, 2.0GHz Centrion CPU):
>
> To me, cmake is nothing but a script-kiddy junk, whose proponents are
> proud to have reinvented imake in modern clothes.
You did a lot of great works and  improved  autotools build
infrastructure on RTEMS I understand your choice.

--
Best Regards