No console working

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Sun Dec 23 15:30:02 UTC 2007

Hello, all.

The problem seems to be very simple, but...

For the first time I use console in RTEMS. I took the driver from mbx860 bsp
and modified its the most low level code according to my needs. All the rest
remained as was. The application compiled - netdemo, so all the tables should
be correctly created.

Now, using BDM debugger, I see that the code execution enters
the "console_initialize" function. But the "console_open" function already is
not called.

When I call the printf function - obviously nothing happens.

It is rather difficult to debug this, as when I enter the printf function I
cannot see the source code (libc).

This should be something very simple, no?

Thanks a lot ahead.
--
Leon