CVS Status

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue Dec 4 13:52:50 UTC 2007

Chris Johns wrote:
> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>
>> Just a warning that the RTEMS CVS is particularly
>> volatile this week and a testing call will probably
>> go out soon.  Till Straumann is going some PowerPC
>> clean up which impacts all PowerPC BSPs.  At the
>> same time, I am working to eliminate the
>> CPU Table which impacts EVERY BSP.
>
> Should we also split the make-exe into bps-post-link etc plus the
> executable extensions changes ?
I think this would be a good time to do it.  The longer before
we need things to get really stable before 4.9 the better.

Till and I are slinging code rapidly and broadly right now so
watch out for us.  But that shouldn't impact the .cfg files that
much.

I have a few thoughts on this project:

+ I think most BSPs use the same LINK.c command with
the exception of a few that add arguments.  The two
that come to mind are the gen5200 and pc386.  If those
extra link arguments can be accounted for, the LINK.c,
LINK.cc, and LINK.ada should be able to the same rule.
This would really be worth pursuing because duplication
is bad.

+ I assume we want the output of LINK.c to be the
equivalent of .nxe now and we need a new extension
for what we now call .exe.  Which leads to the next issue..

+ What is the replacement extension for .exe?

--joel