Looking for BSP for Atmel AT91SAM7X-EK

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Mon Dec 17 15:48:17 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 09:29 -0500, Kate Feng wrote:

> I somehow agree with what Ralf Corsepius wrote :
> > The poor shape the powerpc BSPs are in is a result of lack of RTEMS
> > internal APIs and structural defects of the source code (esp. the
> > "shared" dirs).
>
> Technically speaking, to reduce maintence effort effectively, one
> should start to think about C++ for Object Orient Programming.
I guess you are aware that other, well reputed and prominent people
several times tried to do so  ... failed and ditched any such kind of
plans?

What I was talking above was implementing BSP-APIs (such thing doesn't
exist), was trying to eliminate all defines from headers (c.f.
score/cpu), etc. I.e. simple means of adjusting implementation details,
not turning "the whole thing" upside down.

However I agree, so object-oriented working principles (e.g. using
Widget-technology, or the like) would be helpful.

Ralf