How do I load hello.exe to my lite5200?

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Feb 22 12:20:16 UTC 2007

Nickolay Kolchin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm loading applications on MPC5200 with u-boot or BDI2000 (hardware
> debugger). DBug, Afaik, can't write applications to vector space, so
> you need to write a custom loader or rewrite default vector code.

Duncan emailed me privately so I know he is in the western US and
not awake yet so I will ask to speed this up. ;)

I know his board also has u-boot on it so if DBug doesn't do it, u-boot
is the answer.

The make-exe rule leaves the file in ELF format so is that what u-boot
can load?  Do you do anything special to the linked image before
downloading it with u-boot?

Is there anyone out there using the Motorola lite5200 or is everyone
using 3rd party or custom boards?

--joel