Can't build CVS rtems-4-7-branch

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Wed Feb 7 08:59:22 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 23:29 -0800, Till Straumann wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> > You didn't get the point: I am having strong doubts this to be necessary
> > and correct.
> >

> I do get the point but I believe you are wrong.
Possible, otherwise I wasn't asking.

>  I provided an
> analysis of the issue - please reply to that or come up with
> some sort of proof for your suspicion.
What you do is to work around the void<->uint32_t bug (which is there
without any doubt). This means you are re-implementing the status-quo
with different means (union instead of brute force casts).

I am suspecting the whole working principle of coremsg's in RTEMS to
suffer from bugs, probably 2 pointer references/dereference bugs
compensating itself. I can't prove this, nor can I counter prove this
claim and am actually trying to clarify this issue.

As this whole thread started on PM, and actually leaked into the public,
I am going to resent my original request to this list.

Ralf