Debug version

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Mon Feb 26 17:35:18 UTC 2007

On Monday 26 February 2007, you wrote:
> I don't know if that's the correct/recommended method
> but I found that I can pass
>
> RTEMS_CFLAGS=-g
>
> to the 'configure' script, i.e.,
>
> configure    RTEMS_CFLAGS=-g  <other 'configure' options>
>
> I believe that editing <mybsp>.cfg should work, too.
> However, changes in that file are not picked up easily
> - you might have to purge your build tree entirely
> and start over with 'configure'.
Thank you, Till.
Yes, the editing of mybsp.cfg worked, but is very hard option as everything
must be redone.
Two questions, please:
1. Does the case of configure option require running 'make
clean', 'configure', 'make install' again or only the 'make install' be done?
2. How do you store these two different versions (debug/release)? I move now
from old version from 2003 and there were two build directories and one
directory with both kinds of libraries (*.a and *_g.a). How do you solve this
in your approach?

Thank you.
--
Leon