How big is RTEMS?

Paul Evans paule at martexdesign.com
Tue Feb 27 15:41:20 UTC 2007

Hi,

I did a reasonable size application on a 68k with 512K of flash, RTEMS
itself was less than 128K (including bsp/bootstrap). While looking at
the RTEMS code I was concerned that empty tables and API's would eat up
memory space (this system had no networking but did have termios) but in
reality it didn't prove to be a problem.

In my experience  RAM was more of a problem.  Some of the basic types
used more RAM space than was really needed in that application, but it
squeaked by.

    -Paul