Is xilinx source code license ok with rtems?

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Wed Feb 28 12:59:21 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 07:45 -0500, Robert S. Grimes wrote:

> > And where do you propose it be located?
> I would think the actual Xilinx driver code wouldn't actually be part of
> the RTEMS tree; that certainly avoids any legal issues.
Well, let me point out another issue: I do not want RTEMS to depend on
any external sources/files but to let it stay self-contained as much as
possible.

I.e. I would probably veto against a driver which is using code from
outside of source tree, because this would render this driver
unbuildable and untestable.

Ralf