Problem with clock setting

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon Jan 29 15:18:28 UTC 2007

Lars Törnkvist wrote:
> [...]
The smallest thing you can produce that will duplicate the problem.  :)

What time does RTEMS think it is?
What time are you changing it to?
How many timers are active and how many fire during the time change?

"wake when" timers that are scheduled between old and new time will be
executed when you
move the time forward so there is potential for a pause there.

I can conceive of a situation where you move the time forward 30 seconds
and the timer
schedules itself 1 second ahead of its previous time (which is still now
technically in the past).
It will fire again and again until it trickles itself into the present time.

If you can capture the state of the Watchdog chains when the time is
changed, it should be enough to just
get a set of tasks and timers hacked together to create the same situation.