Which patches should I use for binutils, gcc and newlib?

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Jan 30 20:22:53 UTC 2007

> Amalaye Oyake wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to build Binutils Gcc (4.1.1) and Newlib on a 64bit Xeon
> > host box running Ubuntu (64bit) ? my target system will be a i386 box.
> > What are the correct patches for Binutils, Gcc and Newlib? I see a lot
> > of /.diff/ files in http://www.rtems.com/ftp/pub/rtems/SOURCES/ that I
> > don?t know if I am to use all of them or just the latest one ?
> >
> In general, it is always a single patch and choose the one with the
> latest date. That
> may NOT be the case for specific CPUs which may not work with the latest
> version
> of something or require a special patch.

Just for the record...
> For specific and absolutely correct information, check out

I assume you mean to look in CVS. If I browse in cvsweb
to [there is no 'rtems-XXX', just 'rtems']

rtems/contrib/crossrpms/rtems4.7/<my_cpu>

then I end up an the 'Attic' -- so much for 'absolutely correct information'

;-)

It would help if the precise information about what toolkit and patch
versions to use were available [or at least 'absolutely correct information'
about where to find it]. Not everybody uses the pre-packaged RPMs.

-- Till