Debuggine 4.6.99.3 applications - Resend

Paul Whitfield paulw at omnitronics.com.au
Mon Jan 8 01:46:21 UTC 2007

Ian Caddy wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> I was waiting for someone more knowledgable than me to reply, but looks
> like you have ended up with me.
>
> Some of the information below could well be considered hacks, but
> without getting a valid response to get it working sometimes these
> workarounds are required ... ;-)
>

> Robert S. Grimes wrote:
>> Alright, I'm very confused right now.  Looking at it from an application
>> developer's point of view, what is the correct way to build a "debug"
>> version of my application?  And what is required to build it?  To
>> provide a bit of context, I would think the following commands, executed
>> from the application directory, would make sense:
>>
>>     $ make debug
>>     $ insight
>
> Since either 4.6 or 4.7 the debug build of RTEMS seems to be broken, or
> at least not working for us.  That is not really a problem for us, as we
> only use the optimised builds.  It might have been something we did when
> we moved from 4.5 to 4.6 or 4.6 to 4.7, but I have heard other people
> also indicating that it doesn't seem to work for them either.

It seems that this feature was deliberately disabled, I think as part of
the clean up of the autoconf files.

See :
http://www.rtems.com/ml/rtems-users/2005/january/msg00267.html

Regards

Paul

The information in this e-mail is intended for the addressee only.
Unauthorised use, copying, disclosure or distribution by anyone else
is prohibited. Please let us know immediately if you receive this
e-mail in error. Thank you.