New M68K target for GCC

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue Jan 16 20:46:44 UTC 2007

Kirspel, Kevin {Engineering - Osmetech CCD} wrote:
> It does have the same core but has the A instruction set architecture
> and the normal MAC vs. the A+ instruction set architecture and the
> enhanced MAC for the MCF5329. The 528x processor has a version 2 core
> but supports the A+ instruction set architecture and the enhanced MAC.
> I wanted to combine these to use the version 3 core, the A+ instruction
> set architecture, and the enhanced MAC.
>
> I can get started with the -m5307 but I would like to get the other
> features as well.

Email Peter Barada and cc me.  I see patches from him on the gcc list
which are
not in 4.1.1 which appear to be want you want.  Google "gcc coldfire
528x" and
you should get at least an ffs pattern.  I am curious what has become of his
effort.  Maybe it is already on the head.

Anyway gcc 4.1.1 already has a -m528x flag but I don't see much magic
based on
that yet.

--joel
> Kevin Kirspel
> Research Engineer
> Osmetech
> kevin.kirspel at osmetech.com
> (ph)  770-510-4444 x4568
> (fax) 770-510-4445

gcc 4.1.1 appears to already support a -m528x argument.

But I see patches from Peter Barada that appear to be what you are
looking for but
they are not in the 4.1.1 tree.  For example, this adds an ffs(int) pattern.

Perhaps we need to ask Peter Barada what's up?

--joel