rtems networking

nir levy nir.levy at bon-networks.com
Tue Jul 3 12:45:23 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I am Very new to RTEMS but I am trying for some time now to run RTEMS under
the QEMU emulator.

I tried to compile it myself or take the pre prepared binaries for the RTEMS
and QEMU (for i386) under windows (XPsp2) and under linux (fedora 6)

But for some reason I cannot run the loopback tests or the netdemo test. I
tried compiled tests and tried to compile them myself but no luck.

For the loopback test I get the output:

"Network" initializing!
"Network" initialized!
 Try running client with no server present.
 Should fail with `connection refused'.
 Connect to server.
 Can't connect to server: Connection refused
 Client closing connection.

 Start server.

 Try running client with server present.
 Connect to server.
 Can't connect to server: Connection refused
 Client closing connection.
 Client task terminating.

Did anyone succeed running this test?
Can anyone knows the solution for this problem or can give me the exact
direction for how to run this test?

Thanks in advance.

Nir Levy