problem when building RTEMS for ARM

Paul Whitfield paulw at omnitronics.com.au
Fri Jul 6 07:27:21 UTC 2007

garfunklertems wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a newcomer in RTEMS field and I am trying to build my first RTEMS
> for ARM.
>
> I have built the cross compilation tools followed started.pdf which is
> downloaded from ftp.rtems.com.
>
> The compilation toolchain could yeild valid ARM assembly code when
> compiling simple C code, but when I turned to the compilation of the
> whole RTEMS, the problem came out.
 >
> make[5]: *** [src/libcsupport_a-readlink.o] Error 1
> make[5]: Leaving directory
> `/home/garfunkle/RTEMS/RTEMS_code/first/arm-rtems/c/csb336/cpukit/libcsupport'
> make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory
> `/home/garfunkle/RTEMS/RTEMS_code/first/arm-rtems/c/csb336/cpukit'
> make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/home/garfunkle/RTEMS/RTEMS_code/first/arm-rtems/c/csb336/cpukit'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/garfunkle/RTEMS/RTEMS_code/first/arm-rtems/c/csb336'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/garfunkle/RTEMS/RTEMS_code/first/arm-rtems/c'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

You are missing the actual error information here.
What was the error that caused the compilation to abort.

> My environment:
> [
> Debian etch
> Cross-compilation toolchain: binutils-2.17, gcc-4.0.1, gdb-6.5,
> newlib-1.15.0
> ]

I assume you mean gcc-4.1.1 here.

Can you confirm that you have applied the rtems patches as
described in the getting started guide?

> My command:
> [
>  ../rtems-4.7.99.1/configure --target=arm-rtems --disable-posix
> --disable-networking --disable-cxx --enable-rtemsbsp=csb336
> --prefix=/home/garfunkle/RTEMS/first/
> make all install
> ]

Regards

Paul

The information in this e-mail is intended for the addressee only.
Unauthorised use, copying, disclosure or distribution by anyone else
is prohibited. Please let us know immediately if you receive this
e-mail in error. Thank you.