OT - Access to RTEMS CVS from behind firewall

Robert S. Grimes rsg at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jul 10 14:07:54 UTC 2007

Hi,

Sorry for the OT, but perhaps I need some information specific to the
RTEMS CVS setup.  I'm behind a nasty firewall, and can't get to the CVS
repository.  I've tried cvsgrab (no luck at all) and now cvsget.pl
(http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/cvsget/), which seems to almost
work.  But I get an error that suggests I'm not using the correct url
for it.  The script shows an example like this:

  perl -S cvsget.pl
--baseurl=http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/
--package=emacs

I try this:

  perl -S cvsget.pl --baseurl=http://www.rtems.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs
--package=rtems

I get error like this:

  Error updating "./cvs/rtems/index.html" from
"http://www.rtems.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs/rtems//"

Here's my suspicion - the script states the following in the usage
section about the baseurl parameter:

    $baseurl must be the base URL for download link, NOT view link

I think I'm using the "view link" and not the "download link".  I don't
know, though I certainly can guess, what these different "links" are,
but I'm guessing I need a different URL.  Does anyone know what I should
use?

If I can get this to work, I'll update the wiki on how I did it for
other "firewall dwellers" to use...

Thanks
-Bob