OT - Access to RTEMS CVS from behind firewall

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue Jul 10 19:42:47 UTC 2007

Robert S. Grimes wrote:
> Hi Joel, Thomas,
>
> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>> Thomas Doerfler (nt) wrote:
>> Robert,
>>
>> I did not use these tools (because I manage our firewall :-))))
>>
> Lucky you!
>
>> but maybe you should use the follwoing URL instead?
>> http://www.rtems.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/
>>
> Still no joy.
>
>>> I also noticed that the cvsget I just downloaded is 4 years old
>>> and that the "checkout" string is "~checkout~" which doesn't
>>> match the viewcvs.cgi code.  There may be other issues.
>>>
> On mine, the checkout string is *checkout*.  What is it in the
> viewcvs.cgi?  Though I'm afraid there may be more problems lurking.

The web site is also in CVS.  Since you can't use port 2401,
try this URL:

http://www.rtems.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/wwwrtems/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>>> cvsgrab looks more current but I couldn't make heads or tails
>>> of installing it in the little time I looked at it.
>>>
> I can't get that to work either, and the Python error trace I never
> mastered. But it seems that it can't find www.rtems.com _or_ my proxy host.
>
> Not sure what to try next, but thanks for the help anyway!

That's strange.  I found code in it which passed --quiet to wget
and I deleted that.  But I couldn't learn much except that it
downloaded an index.html.