Request Help with NFS Client Test

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon Jul 16 15:09:08 UTC 2007

> In order to make the information provided more useful
> you should:
>
> a) change your BSP so it produces a stack trace
>     from the exception handler (try
>     libcpu/powerpc/shared/src/stack.c: CPU_print_stack())
>
> b) post your binary (elf file) along with the register
>     and stack dump.

Wouldn't it be easier to run my test and see if
it works for you with the NFS mounts changed
or is horribly broken?

The back track shows it is a NULL jump in the
network driver.

0x00053EA8--> 0x0004E080--> 0x0004E164--> 0x00000006--> 0x0004B5D8
0x0004C2E0--> 0x00069458--> 0x00098A24--> 0x0009899C

0x00053EA8--> CPU_print_stack
0x0004E080--> C_exception_handler
0x0004E164--> push_normalized_frame
0x00000006--> ?????
0x0004B5D8--> mpc5200_eth_mii_read
0x0004C2E0--> mpc5200_fec_txDaemon
0x00069458--> soconnsleep
0x00098A24--> _Thread_Handler
0x0009899C--> _Thread_Handler

Thomas .. can you try this test on your hardware.  I
will commit the NFS client test to the network demos
and hopefully you can track it down.
> That said -- looking at your source code it seems
> that (at least on the 4.7 branch) using a NULL pointer
> for the first argument to RTEMS 'mount' is illegal.

I saw your comment (gripe?) in the README
and fixed it Friday in CVS.  :)
> You could also use the convenience wrapper 'nfsMount()'
> which does a DNS lookup (non thread-safe gethostbyname!)
> and creates a mount-point (not nested directories, though)
> if necessary:
>
> nfsMount("server","/export","/home")
>
> both methods are explained in the rtemsNFS README.

I was trying hard to follow that to create
the example.

I tried the nfsMount call and it didn't even change
the behavior.  Maybe this is just tripping a bug in
the NIC driver. <sigh>

I am going to try this on another BSP and see what happens.

--joel