GameBoy Advance BSP

Steven Johnson sjohnson at sakuraindustries.com
Thu Jul 26 19:52:22 UTC 2007

Hi Joel,

> Once I get that working, I need to check if my kids haven't broken
> or sold their GBA's now that most of them had DS's.
The DS contains a full GBA core. So an RTEMS GBA BSP should work on a DS
in GBA mode.
I recommend a flash cart like the CycloDS Mini or CycloDS Micro.

See http://www.cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/engine.pl

So even if your kids have gotten rid of their GBA's you can still test
on a DS.

It would be interesting to see if it runs on a DS in DS mode, or the
changes that need to be made, because the DS is a multi-processor
machine yet the architecture of the Arm7 core is very similar to the GBA
Arm7 processor.  To run code on a DS in DS mode, you would need
something like a CycloDS Evolution from the above site.  I have all of
these and they are very easy to use and seem to work well.

Steven