discovery BSP

Kate Feng feng1 at bnl.gov
Fri Jul 27 11:28:11 UTC 2007

I am in the process of packaging up a
discovery BSP to include the support for
the mvme6100 board based on the
RTEMS-MVME5500 BSP v1.3, which is posted at :
http://www.nsls.bnl.gov/facility/expsys/software/EPICS/

Recently, I have further compared and tested the
RTEMS mvme5500 BSP with 4.7.1, based on the firewire
driver that I wrote and proved that its performance
is at the top (especially it's network drivers).
Since there is little difference between the system
controller of mvme6100 (e.g. Discovery II) and that of
mvme5500 (e.g. Discovery I), it's easy to upgrade the
mvme5500 BSP to support the mvme6100.  There are
other higher-end boards in the market which is based
on Discovery III. It will be easy to expand the discovery
BSP to include its support for the Discovery III
based boards.

Technically speaking, 'discovery' sounds like
a modern name for the 21st century.

Later,
Kate