OT - Access to RTEMS CVS from behind firewall -RESOLVED (tentatively)

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Jul 12 19:09:26 UTC 2007

Robert S. Grimes wrote:
> First, thanks to a number of you who helped!
>
> I have been able to get access to the CVS from behind the firewall here,
> and have successfully downloaded > 99% of the tree using CVSGrab
> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/cvsgrab).  There seems to be a bit of a
> hiccup - 33 files didn't make it - and I'm working to resolve that.  But
> because it might still be useful enough to others who need only
> read-only access, are stuck behind a firewall, and have no other option,
> I thought I would document what I've accomplished now, in the hopes of
> helping other poor souls.

Congratulations!!
> See
> http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/RTEMS_CVS_Repository#Firewall_Issues
> for what worked (mostly) for me.  I'll update that when I have an answer
> for 33 - perhaps it is "Rolling Rock"?  :-P

Rolling Rock?  Are you from PA?  I recall years ago seeing
a grocery store here advertising it as an imported beer.

Can you provide a list of those 33? Is the cvsweb
page for each file browseable by hand?

It is possible that there is some permission problem
lurking in the CVS repository which only this type of
automated pull where httpd needs access finds.
And a single random user isn't likely to look at those
files.