GameBoy Advance BSP

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Jul 26 21:41:14 UTC 2007

Markku Puro wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Joel Sherrill wrote:

>>>     JS> Is there anyone on the list who has used this?
>>>
>>>     JS> I would like to get setup here to run it and would appreciate
>>>     JS> some hints.
>>>
>>> Hi Joel.  I've compiled the BSP and run the test apps under the
>>> VisualBoy emulator (and, IIRC, I loaded a couple onto a flash cart and
>>> ran them on a real GBA) but I haven't done any RTEMS development.  So,
>>> if you're still at a pre-compile/test-environment stage and need help
>>> getting further along, maybe I can be of some use.  Otherwise, you'll
>>> have to wait for somebody else to pipe up.
>>>

>> I'm not looking to change the BSP, just make sure it works.
>> So it sounds like you can walk me through the process of
>> setting up the simulator and running it.
>>
>> Once I get that working, I need to check if my kids haven't broken
>> or sold their GBA's now that most of them had DS's.  If they have
>> one still, I will probably buy a cartridge programming system
>> and try that.  It is just too neat to pass up.
>>
>> So where do I get the simulator?  If there are multiple ones, do
>> you know how to run it on them?
>>

> Joel, didn't You check RTEMS wiki ;)

I did but the options were so many and I hoped someone
would tell me which simulator they actually used. :)

I am on Fedora 7.

VGBA did not run for me.  It would not open a window.

Visual Gameboy Advance 1.7.1 ran OK but I couldn't find
a Linux version newer.  It wouldn't exit when I clicked the
X on the terminal box though.

Those were the two simulator options listed.  Is there
another someone has used?
> <http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/ToolsForGameBoyAdvance>
> There is some links for emulators, simulators and debuggers etc.
>
> I just reform some links of gba page, I hope its better now.
> <http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/Gba>
>
> If somebody knows nice tools, quides, flashlinkers etc
> please update to those gba wiki-pages.

Sounds like Steven has advice and should take a stab
at that. :)

Thanks for any advice.  I just want to be able to spot
check this BSP more frequently.