ANN: New rtems-4.8 toolchain rpms available

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Mon Jun 4 05:32:17 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am pleased to be able to announce a major update to the rpms toolchain
repositories:

Available now are toolchain rpm for rtems-4.8 (experimental/unstable
RTEMS) for the following host plattforms:
- Fedora 7 i386 and x86_64
- Fedora 6 i386 and x86_64
- Fedora 5 i386 and x86_64
- CentOS-5/RHEL-5 i386 and x86_64
- CentOS-4/RHEL-4 i386 and x86_64
- SuSE 10.2 i586
- RHL i386

NEW:
- New host OS: Fedora 7, CentOS-4/RHEL-4, CentOS-5/RHEL-5, SuSE-10.2
- New host archs: x86_64 rpms for Fedora-5/6/7 and CentOS/RHEL-4/5
- Upgrade to binutils-2.17.50 for sparc-rtems4.8 (binutils-2.17 doesn't
build on x86_64).
- Upgrade to gcc-4.2.0 for m68k-rtems4.8 (gcc-4.1.2 doesn't build on
x86_64).

REMARKS:
* No new RTEMS specific patches have been added.
* Not all target gdbs are available (yet) for all host OSes.

NOTES:
* ATM, i386-Fedora hosts are our primary development hosts and therefore
they receive more attention than others. They will receive future
updates/fixes first.

* CentOS/RHEL rpms are provided as legacy/convenience to users due these
OSes similarity with Fedora ("2nd class citizen").

* SuSE rpm are considered _experimental_ legacy/convenience to SuSE
users which will have to prove their usability/sustainability.
ATM, no decision has been taken if we will be able to support them in
longer terms ("3rd class citizen").
Success/failure reports are highly encouraged - We hardly have any
possibility to test these packages.

* ATM, RHL-7.3 still is considered to be a primary development host
system. However, RHL-7.3 is gradually showing its age, which makes it
not unlikely we will have to abandon providing rpms at some point in
future.
ATTENTION Debian/Ubuntu/SuSE users: This is not unlikely to affect you,
should you currently be using these rpms.

Regards,

	Ralf