a question about libc reentrancy
neversetsun at ustc.edu
Mon Jun 4 07:09:03 UTC 2007
I find that task extension hooks must be created for those tasks who
But the extension created by libc doesn't have libc_switch_hook any more as
rtems-4.0.0(a very old version,huh:) ). So does it mean we should do it
all my tasks(as u know reentrancy is so important)?
Here is the comment of libc_init.
* Init libc for CYGNUS newlib
* Set up _REENT to use our global libc_global_reent.
* (newlib provides a global of its own, but we prefer our own name for it)
* If reentrancy is desired (which it should be), then
* we install the task extension hooks to maintain the
* newlib reentrancy global variable _REENT on task
* create, delete, switch, exit, etc.
_REENT = &libc_global_reent;
More information about the users