How can I remove file system

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue Jun 5 13:34:48 UTC 2007

yanmiaobest wrote:
> Hi,
> How can I remove file system out of my exe file?
> Is there a way to disable it, like --disable-fs?
> Or do I have to modify makefile ?
This is still an open project. There are some brief notes
on it at http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/TinyRTEMS.

There are at least two approaches -- one is to have no
"section 2" IO support or filesystem. The other is to
have a pluggable module that provides the 4.0.0 device
name to major/minor mapping similar to what was
in old RTEMS versions.

You have to start by carving at the mount table
and filesystem initialization routines. Having
replacement stubs is a first step.

--joel