PowerPc RTOS Initialisation Issue

brad chisholm brad.chisholm at step01.co.uk
Wed Jun 6 18:29:39 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have an issue with running RTEMS on my powerpc platform (PPC405). The
system appears to initialize correctly until the function
_Thread_Start_multitasking calls _Context_Switch( &_Thread_BSP_context,
&_Thread_Heir->Registers );

At the end of the context switch when bclr executed the processor jumps
to an incorrect location (To the end of function _Thread_Evaluate_mode)
and the gdb indicates an error.

The gdb is generating a lot of these errors during initialisation:
Previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)

The two instructions before the failure:
Previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)

Previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)
Cannot access memory at address 0x4
Cannot access memory at address 0x4
Cannot access memory at address 0x4
Cannot access memory at address 0x4
Cannot access memory at address 0x4
Cannot access memory at address 0x30a68
Cannot access memory at address 0x30ab4

My memory address range goes from 0 - 0x400000

Any thoughts?

Regards
Brad