sparc-rtems4.7-gcc versus fpu

Peter A. Krauss peter.a.krauss at astrium.eads.net
Tue Jun 12 13:51:21 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have downloaded sparc-rtems4.7 and would like to use it for a leon2
target with fpu. I am puzzled on how the compiler inserts fpu
instructions. My summary is:

- The compiler does insert fpu instructions, if no fpu command line
option is given or if "-mhard-quad-float" is used.

- The compiler does not insert fpu instructions, if "-mfpu" or
"-mhard-float" is used.

Why?

Peter

Dr. Peter A. Krauss, peter.a.krauss at astrium.eads.net
EADS Astrium, Dept ASE231,     81663 Munich, Germany
Tel: (+49) 89 / 607-21692, Fax: (+49) 89 / 607-35180

***** this e-mail can serve as information only ****

This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information or
information otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender immediately, do not copy this message or any attachments and do not use it for any purpose
or disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and any attachments from your system.
Astrium disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.
Astrium GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Thomas S. Müller - Geschäftsführung: Evert Dudok (Vorsitzender), Dr. Reinhold Lutz, Pablo Salame Fischer
Sitz der Gesellschaft: München - Registergericht: Amtsgericht München, HRB Nr. 107 647