LPC214x's BSP for RTEMS [Success!]

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon Jun 18 18:56:11 UTC 2007

dave madden wrote:
> I'm an idiot.  You can't overlap the heap with the workspace.  That's
> bad.  If you keep them separate, you're good to go.  I have Hello
> running on an Olimex LPC2148 prototyping board.  Ticker is too large
> (data seg plus workspace exceeds 32k).  Next I'll have to see whether
> I can shrink things down even further, because even Hello uses up
> almost all the RAM.

Look in cpukit/score/cpu/arm/rtems/score/cpu.h for the
minimum stack size.  Lowering it will help.

You can also break at Init and see how much memory is
left in the heap and Workspace.  The RTEMS GDB macros
should have this capability.  confdefs.h leans to minimum
but it still may be a bit conservative.

Are you compiling with -Os?

Ray has mentioned that adding the missing thumb support in
score/cpu/arm and compiling with Thumb will probably shrink
some also.
> Thanks to Joel & Ray for their help!

No problem.

As Ray mentions in another email, he has stubs to eliminate
some more code but I haven't figured out how best to integrate
it yet.  It may end up in optman but you have to work to get it
to link in. :-D

Have you edited  testsuites/support/include/buffeer_test_io.h
to define TESTS_USE_PRINTK