RTEMS I/O manager

hwulf at et-inf.fho-emden.de hwulf at et-inf.fho-emden.de
Fri Jun 22 11:29:05 UTC 2007

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

I'm trying to understand the inner workings of the RTEMS I/O manager.
In the function rtems_io_initialize() in the source code file io.c
there's called an initialization routine. But where is the assignment
of this initialization routine (the assignment of
_IO_Driver_address_table[major].initialization) ?

Thank you very much and kind regards,
  Hank

Source code for rtems_io_initialize():
======================================
rtems_status_code rtems_io_initialize(
   rtems_device_major_number  major,
   rtems_device_minor_number  minor,
   void             *argument
)
{
     rtems_device_driver_entry callout;

     if ( major >= _IO_Number_of_drivers )
         return RTEMS_INVALID_NUMBER;

     callout = _IO_Driver_address_table[major].initialization;
     return callout ? callout(major, minor, argument) : RTEMS_SUCCESSFUL;
}