GCC 4.1.1 m68k-rtems generating invalid code for -m5307 proce ssor ?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon Jun 25 22:14:12 UTC 2007

Kirspel, Kevin wrote:
> Here is a response from the CodeSourcery guys about this issue.
>
> This instruction does not occur in any of the memset implementations we
> ship; I suspect it is a problem with your configuration when you rebuilt the
> tools.
>
> If I'm reading the disassembler table correctly, that is bftst - an
> instruction present on the 68020 but not on ColdFire.

If it is a 68020 instruction then you are not linking the correct library. The
default machine type is 68020 and is linked if you do not specify a machine
type to the linker (which should be gcc) or do not have the correct libraries
installed where the compiler/linker expects to find them.

Regards
Chris